Vertiv Liebert EXL UPS
800 and 1200kVA - Single Module and Multi-Module Systems
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Click here to jump to more pricing!
- Banking, Financial and Insurance
- Data Center/Colocation/Hosting
True on-line, double conversion, three-phase UPS system to support a maximum efficiency data center design. It provides high operating efficiency, high power capacity, and low PUE and TCO. Features a small footprint, and a large 10.4” touchscreen. Offers capacity-on-demand without additing footprint. Single module and 1+N Distributed Bypass available.
The Liebert EXL On-Line UPS is the right solution for a maximum efficiency data center – with a design that enables high operating efficiency, high capacity, and intelligent operation. Designed to enable lower installation costs and optimized operating costs, the Liebert EXL UPS supports a low PUE and total cost of ownership. 800kVA/kW and 1200kVA/kW models available. Single Module and 1+N Distributed Bypass systems available. Add matching battery cabinets for a complete power solution. Output voltage 480 VAC 3-phase, 3 wire. Compatible with Lithium Ion battery systems.
Liebert EXL UPS has a robust design for maximum efficiency, due to features such as:
- Use of breakers instead of contactors - improves reliability and offers higher withstand rating.
- Continuous duty static bypass switch, vs momentary duty, improves reliability.
- Redundant fans – maintains airflow in the event of a single fan outage.
- Continuous-duty, fully-rated static switch.
- Optional 100kA short circuit withstand design for high available fault current applications 65kA withstand standard.
- Utilizes circuit breakers as opposed to contactors to increase reliability
High Efficiency/Low TCO
- Transformer-free topology with up to 97% efficiency in double conversion mode. y High capacity and unity power factor in a smaller footprint – provides more usable power, best space utilization, and reduced installation costs.
- Eco-mode ready, giving you future options for industry leading levels of efficiency in your data center.
- Accommodates IT load without de-rating, eliminating the need to oversize for leading load power factor.
- Lower installation costs with three-wire design and high input power factor.
- Optimizes PUE through lower operating losses and reduced cooling requirements.
Intelligent, Proactive Technology and Support
- Integrated control system and internal diagnostics allow enhanced visibility into operation and awareness of potential issues.
- Rich information, management and monitoring via integration with the Trellis platform. Easily compatible with other management solutions.
- Large, user-friendly HMI touch screen makes maintenance simpler and reduces likelihood of user error.
Single-module systems provide a basic protection configuration. The critical bus is powered by a single UPS system with bypass capability. Large capacity modules can replace multiple smaller modules in dual bus configurations, reducing complexity and increasing reliability
1+N Parallel Configuration - Up to 6 Modules
- Paralleling of single UPS units, offers easy scalability for capacity or redundancy.
- Each module has its own single bypass static switch.
- Provides multi-module operation without the need for a system control cabinet.
- Bypass sharing is assured through integral bypass load sharing inductors, simplifying wiring and installation.
Dual Bus or 2N
A dual bus system features two identical UPS systems and supporting power systems, each capable of carrying the full load. During normal operation the two systems support the load. Each system may have redundancy built-in to maintain redundancy while one system is offline.
Reserve or Catcher Bus with Liebert STS2 Static Transfer Switches
Creates a redundant overall system architecture, and can be created with downstream power distribution similar to a dual bus 2N architecture. Liebert STS2 static switches with Optimized Transfer ensure that your critical load is fully protected. This configuration allows the UPS to operate at higher utilization rates, while providing a highly fault tolerant power system design.
Battery cabinets for the Liebert EXL UPS are built to facilitate fast deployment, easy serviceability and long operational life. Select from your choice of leading battery manufacturers. Configurations for conventional top terminal and high-capacity front terminal type batteries.
- Direct-Connect capability to attach directly to the left side of the UPS module for a clean, compact installation.
- Internal bussing to reduce field wiring and associated installation costs and time
- Seismic anchoring y Individual circuit breakers for each cabinet, for easy, safe servicing and selective cabinet isolation in over-temperature or fault conditions
- Optional factory integrated Albér Battery Monitoring System
- Batteries mounted on pull-out drawers for safe, easy servicing
Proactively Avoid Battery Failures
Since UPS battery failures continue to be the primary cause of unplanned data center outages, Liebert EXL battery cabinets are available with factory installed and tested Albér BDSUi battery monitoring systems. The Albér BDSUi continuously monitors all critical battery parameters and provides advance warning of a preventable battery failure as well as enables battery maintenance and replacement to be based on the condition of the batteries rather than arbitrarily timed schedules. Utilizing its patented DC resistance battery testing method, the Albér BDSUi battery monitoring systems gives customers real-time visibility across an entire battery system by verifying the integrity of the entire system including the internal cell, inter-cell, inter-tier, and mid-string disconnect switch resistances.
Battery Xplorer Screens
Features and Benefits:
- Up to 97% operating efficiency, lowers operating costs
- Conserves capital and enables growth without adding footprint
- Lower installation and deployment costs
- High capacity, with unity power factor offers more usable power and best space utilization
- Eco-mode ready for increased efficiency
- Designed and tested to provide predictable performance during high fault current conditions
- Reliably starts a fully loaded Power Distribution Unit (PDU) of equal rating
- Integrated control system and internal diagnostics allow enhanced visibility and operational awareness
|Liebert EXL UPS Specifications||800 kVA / kW||1200 kVA / kW|
|Input AC Parameters|
|Rectifier Type||IGBT Active Rectifier|
|Input Voltage to Rectifier||VAC 480 3-phase, 3-wire|
|Input Voltage to Bypass||VAC 480 3-phase, 3-wire|
|Input Voltage Range||VAC +10%, -15% (-30% battery assist)|
|Input Frequency, Hz||60|
|Permissible Input Frequency Range, Hz||55 to 65|
|Input Power Factor||>0.99|
|Reflected input THDi at nominal voltage at full load %||<5%|
|Power Walk-In, sec||1 to 30 (selectable) in 1 sec. increments|
|Battery & DC Parameters|
|Battery Type||VRLA (Valve Regulated Lead Acid) or FLA (Flooded Lead Acid)|
|Nominal Battery Bus, VDC||480V|
|Battery Float Voltage, VDC||540V|
|DC Ripple Voltage in Float and Const V Ch. mode, %||<1 (RMS value) < 3.4% Vpp|
|Temperature Compensated Battery Charging||Standard (with temperature probe)|
|Inverter Type||High Efficiency Transformer Free IGBT PWM Controlled Inverter|
|Output Power, kVA/kW||800 kVA / kW||1200 kVA / kW|
|Load Power Factor Supported (Without Derating)||0.7 Leading to 0.7 Lagging|
|Output Voltage||480 VAC 3-phase, 3-wire|
|Output Voltage Regulation||< 1% (3-phase RMS average)|
|Output Voltage Regulation (50% Unb. Load)||< 2% (3-phase RMS average)|
|Output Frequency, Hz||60 Hz|
|Output Frequency Regulation, %||± 0.1%|
|Output THD at Nominal Voltage (Linear Load), %||3%|
|Output THD at nominal voltage Including a 100kVA Non Linear Load per IEC 62040-3, %||<6% (max)|
|Efficiency AC-AC Double Conversion||>96%|
|Transient Recovery||IEC 62040-3, section 5.3.1 Figure 1|
|Voltage Displacement||120 deg +/- 1 deg (50% unbalanced load)|
|Unbalanced loads current capacity||50% of nominal phase current|
|Overload||110% for 10 minutes, 125% for 2 minutes, 150% for 15 seconds, 200% for 10 cycles|
|Physical Characteristics Single Module System|
|Width, Depth, Height in inches (mm)||125.2 in x 33.5 in x 76.8 in
(3145 mm x 850 mm x 1950 mm)
|171.7 in x 33.5 in x 76.8 in
(4330 mm x 850 mm x 1950 mm)
|Weight, unpackaged, lbs (kg)||5,735 lbs. (2,601 kg.)||8,050 lbs. (3,660 kg.)|
|Color||Black, RAL 7021|
|Protection Class, UPS Enclosure||NEMA 1, IP 20 (with and without front door open)|
|Safety||UL 1778 4th Edition; CSA 22.2 107.3|
|Surge||ANSI C62.41 B3|
Critical Services and Support:
Service and Support from Vertiv
Vertiv provides the industry’s largest service network, ensuring that data center expertise is never far when you need it. From strategy to deployment, operation and expansion, our team can help you optimize your data center for efficiency and availability.
- System-level factory witness testing provides assurance that crucial power systems work together – before site installation.
- Factory-direct service technicians.
- LIFE Services for remote monitoring enables our experts to track your UPS performance 24/7/365 to optimize efficiency and availability.
With LIFE Services, Vertiv provides continuous remote diagnostics and proactive service dispatch for Liebert EXL UPS. Our experts use advanced service level data and IP-based communications to anticipate, identify, diagnose and respond to problems before they can cause downtime or hinder performance.
Doing so, we can help your team save time and focus on strategic tasks while improving productivity and reducing unplanned outages. All communication is out-bound only to minimize or eliminate the risk of security breaches.
Vertiv Liebert Services
Vertiv provides the industry’s largest service network, ensuring that data center expertise is never far when you need it. From strategy to deployment, operation and expansion, our team can help you optimize your data center for efficiency and availability with:
- System-level factory witness testing to provide assurance that crucial power systems work together before site installation.
- The largest network of factorytrained local service and support in the industry. Expertise is never far away when you need it, whether it be during strategy, deployment or operation.
- Factory-direct service technicians to help protect your investment and optimize performance.
Download the Vertiv Liebert EXL UPS Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!